AI Radio Play: Live Participatory Worldbuilding with GPT-3 is an introduction for writers, theater makers, and creatives to generative text through a hands-on workshop with culminating in a live, machine co-authored radio show.
Recent advancements with large language models demonstrate remarkable achievements in text synthesis, understanding, and generation. This hands-on workshop introduces state-of-the-art transformer models (GPT-3) through an interactive event culminating in a live radio play performance and internet broadcast. Participants will gain experience with collaborative worldbuilding, liveness and improv, and collective co-authorship with AI, particularly the variation induced through the unknowable contributions of improvisatory humans and large language models.
The first workshop was hosted for ISEA2022 Possibles in Barcelona, June 11, 10-6pm CEST. <<< LISTEN TO A TWO MINUTE EXCERPT HERE >>>
The second iteration will occur at SLSA 2022 @ Purdue, October 6-9, 2022.
Project Website: radio-play.net.
A collaboration with:
- Ash Smith – Story, Worlds, Speculative Design Lab, UNL – asheveryday.com
- Stephanie Sherman – Radio Espacio Estación – stephaniesherman.info
- Robert Twomey – Machine Cohabitation Lab UNL – roberttwomey.com
- Jinku Kim – Johnny Carson for Emerging Media Arts UNL – www.grayscale64.com
- Agustina Woodgate – Radio Espacio Estación – agustinawoodgate.com
- Hernan Woodgate – Radio Espacio Estación – radioee.net
- Patrick Coleman – Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination UCSD – patrickcoleman.org