AI Radio Play: Live Participatory Worldbuilding with GPT-3 is an introduction for writers, theater makers, and creatives to generative text through a hands-on workshop culminating in a live, machine co-authored radio show.
Recent advancements with large language models demonstrate remarkable achievements in text synthesis, understanding, and generation. This hands-on workshop introduces state-of-the-art transformer models (GPT-3) through an interactive event culminating in a live radio performance and internet broadcast. Participants gain experience with collaborative worldbuilding, liveness and improv, and collective co-authorship with AI, particularly the variation induced through the unknowable contributions of improvisatory humans and large language models.
The second iteration occurred at SLSA 2022 @ Purdue, October 6-9, 2022.
The third episode occurred at ISEA 2023 in Paris, France, May 16-21, 2023.
Project Website: radio-play.net.
A collaboration with:
- Ash Smith – Story, Worlds, Speculative Design Lab, UNL – asheveryday.com
- Stephanie Sherman – Radio Espacio Estación – stephaniesherman.info
- Robert Twomey – Machine Cohabitation Lab UNL – roberttwomey.com
- Jinku Kim – Johnny Carson for Emerging Media Arts UNL – www.grayscale64.com
- Agustina Woodgate – Radio Espacio Estación – agustinawoodgate.com
- Hernan Woodgate – Radio Espacio Estación – radioee.net
- Patrick Coleman – Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination UCSD – patrickcoleman.org