I’ve designed a circuit board to use the Arduino Nano with 3 Pololu Stepper drivers, for running GRBL in embedded CNC systems.
A number of us around DXARTS have been using this setup to drive the mechatronic/CNC portion of our projects.
The board features:
- 3 axes
- breakouts for all of the nano pins
- 4 pin breakouts for makerbot/reprap style mechatronic endstops (signal, +5, and 2 GNDs)
- 4 pin breakouts for motor coils
- standard 0.1″ spacing on pinouts, can attach friction-lock molex type connectors, screw terminals, or solder wires directly to the board
- linear design allows you to physically trim the board to remove unused axes
I’m manufacturing some of these shortly with our LPKF circuit mill.